trailer brake suggestions

Thanks to the many suggestions on the braking problem!
Since I believe this to be a serious problem with GM engineering, I
will keep you all posted, I wouldn't wish this on any one!
FYI, the ABS brakes are not involved, the truck computer shows no
braking problems, the proportioning valve (directs braking from front
to back) is operating fine, the parking brake or 4WD mechanisms
are not involved, and the trailer brakes can stop the truck and trailer
smoothly by applying the hand control.
Tomorrow I am hooking the truck to as many trailers that I can find
to see if I can get it to lurch with another trailer.  Up to this point, it
has been OK with a tag along two horse and a light goose neck.  I
am going to disconnect the brake box to see if that makes a
difference as suggested.
Will keep you all posted, until then, don't buy a GM truck!
John and Sue Greenall
mailto:greenall@vermontel.net
http://www.vermontel.com/~greenall