Re: Re: Barefoot Endurance?

ÿþ<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META content="text/html; charset=unicode" http-equiv=Content-Type> <META content="MSHTML 5.00.2614.3500" name=GENERATOR> <STYLE></STYLE> </HEAD> <BODY bgColor=#ffffff> <DIV><FONT face=Moderne>This is my vote for shoes....my sister's TWH mare has wonderful hard feet.&nbsp; They wear well without chipping too much, no flares, etc.&nbsp; However, she can only go so long without shoes.&nbsp; My sister only rode one LD this year but she puts on&nbsp; alot of miles trailriding and without shoes, that mare's feet would be worn down to nothing.&nbsp; She goes barefoot in the spring until she starts to wear or if she's wearing unevenly for some reason and then Nelson puts shoes on her fronts.&nbsp; When her hind feet start wearing down too much, then he puts the hind shoes on.&nbsp; She goes barefoot much of the year but without shoes, she would be lame and too tenderfooted to be ridden.&nbsp; I will repeat though what I always say about to shoe or not to shoe or even HOW to shoe or whether to use pads or whatever....every horse is an individual and you have to treat every situation that way.&nbsp; What works for one may not work for another.&nbsp; I tend to think there are SOME horses that can tolerate barefooted for endurance rides but that most are going to need hoof protection of some sort be it shoes, easyboots or whatever.&nbsp; Just my 2 cents...</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Moderne>Maggie (who started out with nothing and still has most of it left!)</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>