Re: manure at rides et al.

> At most of our county and state parks here in the SF Bay Area are okay
> with the amount of manure being left in the parking lots.  We have been
> happily  cleaning out our trailer messes without a single thought about it.
> And these are pretty public use areas.  One is actually a paved parking
> lot and on weekends there are usually several horse trailers there.  But
> then again, it's usually only 1/10th full and I could see where if it
> was filled to 100% capacity and there was manure in the parking lot
> it could become a major issue.

At Georgia's Hard Labor State Creek Park I saw a car load
drive into a clearly marked equestrian area, get out and
start to wander up the horse trail and immediately begin
complaining about the pile of manure just up the trail.

That's all it takes to make a major issue.

Time after time horses lose.  It does not matter squat in
the long run about degrees, science, or anything else.  When
animals cause ANY kind of nuisance regardless of the situation
and who was where first, they lose.

When we first came here it was rural farm area.  Now we have
people living on the other side of our fence and we have to
leave if we want horses.  Fortunately we made some wise
decisons that enabled to head out before we're driven out.
We bought another farm large enough to buffer that is in an
extremely rural area.

All over the country people are buying land and building
alongside farms only to campaign against the animals as
soon as they realize they "stink, cause flies and make noise".

I'm merely stressing that we as horse folks not only have
to go the extra mile to ensure we don't draw too much
attention we may have to make it an endurance event.

If I can't trail ride, I can't ride.

If one of our horses dump I'm bringing it home.  I'm also
going to sweep where the trailer was parked.

Marv "During a rodeo performance I saw the late Michael
'Little Joe' Landon shoot a kid who took 5 minutes to die
before falling flat back into a manure pile.  Mike dusted
him off and told the crowd, 'TV horses don't do that'." Walker
--
Horse, Marketing, Self-employment 'N Other Info
Open 24 Hours A Day, 7 Days A Week, 365 a Year