equine virus neurological rhino

KIMBERLY PRICE KMPRICE51@HOTMAIL.COM
The Chronicle reported that 4 horses died from the 'Equine Virus
Neurological Rhino' at Bay Meadows so I was looking up Equine
Herpesvirus (Rhino) to figure out what was 'neurological' about it.

I 'think' what they are talking about is EHV-1 Neurologic Syndrome which is not the same as what we vaccinate for in the Rhino / Flu shot.

Am I right? Is there a vaccine for this type of very contagious
disease?

Thanks!
Kimberly (&Mystery the Morab)
Fairfax, CA