Re: RC: Bitting Question - Trail vs Dressage Usage

Truman, Bonnie, Tracey, Penny, Kathy, Abby,

Thank you "so" very much for responding to my question/plight.

I have tried a full cheek "mullen" - solid mouth - for ring work and I believe
this is part of the problem. He thinks all of a sudden his Kimberwicke - also a
mullen mouth with short shanks - the one I use on the trail - has no chain and
he's free to grab and lean on it. I seem to have better luck with a french link
configuration. He doesn't grab it and I have a better "feel" for his mouth. If I
had a preference; I would choose a french link over the mullen mouth for trail
riding.

Kimberwicke has come out with something brand new - it looks like the uxeter
"upside down" - with a french link - and gives you the option of switching
between leverage or no leverage. Has anyone seen this configuration? If so; do
you think it would be a candidate for the "best of both worlds?"

Many thanks for your time.

Ruth Abair in Texas
email: shakesbearides@texoma.net