6yr. old on the downhill problem update!

Vicky Rhein PartlyPainted1@aol.com
Just wanted to drop a note to you all!  Wanted to thank everyone who responded to my problem last week.  Took my fellow out over the weekend.....started by finding a simple trail that only had a couple of moderate downhills, took a friend that would wait, and jumped in on some of the wonderful suggestions everyone came up with.  Got off, let him go down without my hands in his mouth, stopped him every few feet and made him wait.  Got to the bottom backed him up a few steps made him wait, etc., made him back a few steps on flat ground over small logs, and etc., and generally had a very relaxing day! Different Horse!  He seemed to keep his head together with all the different little drills that we did.  I really enjoyed it too, I've got lots of miles, and some arena time to put in, but I actually like this kinda thing just did'nt know where to start.  Thanks to everyone, I'm lurking, and learning!  Vicky and Total (Downhill King)