Re: RC: Dressage vs Close contact jumping

> Tracey wrote:

> Am I insane to be in a position to have two saddles to choose from and
> think that's a bad thing???

Nope, it means you're well on your way to becoming a distance rider!!

I'm quite happy to do a 25 CTR in a dressage saddle, I myself use a
Stubben Tristan.  A jumping saddle - even a GP - is likely to place your
leg far enough forward that your back &/or knees will ache.

I ride with a double fleece pad, usually a Woolback.  Over about 2.5-3
hours I put a 2nd double fleece in on top of the first.  It's a bit snug
at first, but they compress in due time, and then I have all the layers
together to absorb friction as well.  I think people have more friction
problems (usually in the cantle area) if there's a lot of downhill
toward the end of a ride.

Over about 25 or 30 miles I wouldn't mind having a seat saver,
preferably wool fleece.

Good luck!

-Abby

> (oh, and can you guys send some positive vibes my way so that my
> saddle gets sold quickly so that I can buy the dressage saddle SOON!)

Does Carla have a dance for this?

--
* * *
Abby Bloxsom