Dressage vs Close contact jumping

Well, I've taken the plunge and taken my Kieffer Munchen GP saddle in to be sold (sob!) in order to purchase two saddles - a close contact jumping saddle and a close contact jumping saddle.

The dressage saddle which I have my beady eye on is a Kieffer Viennne (slobber!  drool!) and I'd ideally like a Barnsby close contact jumping saddle.  I will be borrowing the latter today to use until I can afford to buy one.

However, it's just struck me that I'd like to do the odd CTR sometime, hopefully as soon as December 16th.  Which saddle should I use for this - the jumping or the dressage?

On the one hand, the dressage would be more comfy as I can ride with a longer leg, but I want to stay off his back as much as possible, so maybe the jumping?  But it's close contact, so is that really good for his back?  The jumping saddle will let me get out of the saddle so any brain farts can take place underneath me and I can just pretend they're not happening for a while (used to it), but shouldn't I ride with a long leg for my comfort.  Should I start off with the jumping saddle and change to the dressage half-way through?  Am I allowed to do that with a CTR?  Celeste???

Am I insane to be in a position to have two saddles to choose from and think that's a bad thing???

Also, I've never been a big fan of any kind of padding, because if a saddle fits, it fits, right?  However, I'm gonna be on his back (please, the Gods and Toc's attitude willing) for quite a while, so should I ride him in my gel pad?

Tracey
(oh, and can you guys send some positive vibes my way so that my saddle gets sold quickly so that I can buy the dressage saddle SOON!)