Fwd: Re: Fwd: RC: a safety issue: head injuries linked to alzheimers disease

I forwarded the note about alzheimer's to my sister, who replied with
this:

Thanks!  This journal has its whole self accessible, not just abstracts,
so
if anyone else is interested, here's the site:

http://www.neurology.org/cgi/content/full/55/8/1158

Patricia B. Nemec, Psy.D., C.R.C., R.P.R.P.
Department of Rehabilitation Counseling
Sargent College of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences
Boston University
635 Commonwealth Avenue
Boston, MA  02215
Telephone:  617/353-7487
Fax:  617/353-8914
please visit our web site at http://www.bu.edu/rc/

>guest@endurance.net wrote:
>>
>> A.Perez AmandaPerez@ureach.com
>> There was a story on NPR this morning about recent research
>> which reviewed the records of WWII veterens who sustained
>> various head injuries (and a control group w/o head injuries)
>> and then reviewed health histories of both groups.  The report
>> said a single injury bad enough to cause unconsciousness and
>> memory loss was correlated with later onset of alzheimers.
>>
>> So.... WEAR THOSE HELMETS!

-Abby B