From: <guest@endurance.net>
To: <ridecamp@endurance.net>
Sent: Tuesday, October 24, 2000 8:49 AM
Subject: RC: Equine attorneys

> Judy JudyK89@aol.com
> Not sure if I really even want to pursue this, but would like to know
where I stand if I do.  I purchased a horse for endurance, the owner knew
what I wanted her for, and did not disclose that the horse had a history of
tying up.  To be honest, she did not think it was a problem as she hadn't
had problems since she was pulled off the track.  Now I have the horse, and
she has tyed up twice, with very little exercise.  I can't even hand walk
her without her tying up.  The owner is offering me an "almost 3 year old"
in exchange.

> Am going to give this mare a little more time to settle in, see if
anything changes, if not I'm not sure I want to deal with a youngster, wait
another year or so to start riding.

> I really like the previous owner, don't think she was trying to "pull"
anything, but I don't think she's willing to return my money either.

> If anyone can recommend an Equine attorney in California, I would just
like to find out where I stand.  Or if anyone has info on the laws
pertaining to this (I know, "Buyer Beware") I would be interested inhearing
your opinions also.