Re: Re: Forest now included in pasture

. Once the plant is dead, remove all remains (note: Round Up takes time to
act, so don't remove the plant until it is completely dead - otherwise it
may just re-sprout from the roots).  Using an herbicide instead of just
cutting the plant downs prevents re-sprouting from the roots.

Back when I was farming, and we were reclaiming a field that had grown up in
brush,  we cut the offending tree/bush off at the ground line then saturated
the stump with the weed-killing agent mixed with diesel fuel---these
trees/bushes did not sprout again.   I also agree that given choices horses
will not eat toxic plants.
        Claudia> (who doubts the diesel fuel is any more toxic to the ground
than the weed killer is).