Re: RC: Lost ride results???

In a message dated 10/24/2000 6:19:26 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
WintersDwbob@aol.com writes:

<< Why is it that ride results are so long in getting to AERC??? I realize
that
 RM's have lives and are busy but Geezzz!!!  With the penalities and fees
that
 are assessed by AERC and collected I found out, it seems we shouldn't have
 pay dues at all.  A month seems reasonable to me.  AERC gives 2 weeks.   >>

Any submission to the AERC office must be there by the first of any month in
order to be printed in the following month's EN.  So, if a ride takes place
in May, and results arrive at the AERC office by June 1st, they will be
posted in the July issue.  And, of course, there is the time it takes the
office staff person to enter the results in the computer.  Results can be
tabulated within a week of a ride, but a ride manager is tired by the end of
the event and probably wants some rest time.  I personally don't consider my
ride over until all the paperwork and fees have been submitted.  You might
want to consider managing a ride and discover for yourself the procedures and
the amount of time and energy it takes.  I recommend all riders manage at
least one ride in their career of endurance riding.  Then they would have a
clear picture of both viewpoints.

Barbara