Spanish mustang.. conformation for endurance?

Heidi was nice enough to post these pictures up for me.. This guy is a 4 year
old spanish mustang
gelding  I'm considering purchasing long distance.  He's in Minnesota, I'm in
California.  I would eventually
like to do slow 50's.  I don't have the details with me, but his father was a
mustang bred specifically
for endurance and I don't know much about the dam..

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=68294&a=499199&p=31356372&Sequence=0&res=h
igh
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=68294&a=499199&p=31356371&Sequence=0&res=h
igh

I'd be interested in what you guys think..  he hasn't had much riding done in
the past several months, I don't
know what age he was broke, but I'll find that out soon enough from the owner.
They're asking $2K for him.

Julienne