RE: Re: hoof flight path

<<"a horse that exhibits
major movement deviations may not be the most suitable endurance
candidate to invest in.

While the horse you describe has been capable so far with one
exception (that even the healthiest of horses can have happen),
I would consider this to be the exception."

Marv "Why hasn't Bill Gates sent me my email check yet?" Walker">>
-

Marv, I love it! You like to argue as much as I do!  My horse
was indeed turned down by an experienced endurance rider because
of his problems. Since I wasn't able to sell him he became my
"project."  I learned so much from that experience, it sent me
on the path to become an Equine Body Worker.  I believe there
are many, many unsound horses out there that can be helped to
soundness.  You should have seen my horse's gait earlier this
year - it was pretty much like you described, except he was hitting
his front fore with his left hind, and going sideways a little
like a crab!

Roxanne is already bonded to her horse, as I am now bonded to mine.
I wouldn't buy another "project" either, but since the horses
are already our horses, why not give it a try?  It would not
surprise me in the least to see Roxanne competing very ably on
her horse in the coming years.  Once the unbalancing factors are
taken away and the muscles are built up properly, a lot of these
problems can be overcome.  I do not think that my horse is the
exception, because there are many horses that have become sound
after chiropractic, corrective farrier care, dental and
bodywork. And maybe just changing the saddle can have a major
impact on the horses way of going.  Roxanne's horse is only
six years old, too, which is in their favor.  His best is
yet to come!

Kathy Lynn Mayeda
Equine Body Worker

(This is the first time I used this title, folks.  I've had my
certificate for a couple of months, now!)