Re: RC: worming

   Amanda,
Hi! Welcome to ridecamp and endurance. I use a daily
wormer (strongid c) and once a year after the first
freeze I tube with ivermectrin to get the bots that
the strongid dosn't get. I went to the daily wormer
when my daughters show horse colicked bad enough to
have to undergo surgery. One of the things the vets at
Texas A&M stressed was to use a daily wormer. The
other wormers were too hard on his system. The people
that bought him from us 3 years later forgot about the
strongid and pasted him twice within 4 months of each
treatment. He colicked both times, a day after they
gave him the paste wormer.
    Endurance puts enough stress on a horses system so
I figured if the daily wormer was effective (except
against bots) and easier on the horses system why not
use it for all my horses.

Penny & Daisy (paint endurance horse under
construction)