Re: RC: ...Ridecamp//"Successful" Endurance Riding

    I too remember those days!  We used western sturps instead of english
sturps.  We just hung them on the small english leathers and didn't even
think about proper fitting.  We also used (from the army surplus store)
matress foam padding for our saddle pads.
    You either used a english saddle or a McCullian army saddle.  Some people
used a western saddle and sawed off their horns.
    When compairing ride results, you'll have to take in mind that our pulse
rate requirements were higher then.  I remember something like 78?  Now the
requirement is 60, 64, 68.  You did have to know your signs of your horse
without HM's.

Tammy Robinson
Trail-Rite Ranch & Products
661/513-9269