RE: hoof flight path

"Yet,
I would rule this horse out of any endurance racing because of the
rotation."

Marv "Tracks are nature's books." Walker

Marv, I agree with you about the chiropractic care.  I forgot to
mention that in my previous post, but it was part of my "getting
my horse sound" protocol.

I disagree with you however about ruling out the horse for
endurance racing.  I had completed three 50 mile rides this
year, decreasing my ride time by an hour each and increasing
the difficulty of each ride.  This is on a horse that had
severe body torquing, high-low hoof syndrome in the front,
club foot, upward fixation of the patella on the left rear,
and some real strange hock action in the left rear.  We even
top-tenned the last ride.  He was pulled for lameness last
year at our first 50 attempt, but we had no lameness at all
this year in our three 50's.

If the original poster gets to the bottom of his horses'
unsoundness, he may be able to compete rather well in
endurance.  Diana Thompson, founder of the now gone
Whole Horse Journal, was key to getting my horse sound -
she was able to evaluate my horse and set me on the path
with corrective shoeing, chiropractic, bodywork techniques,
etc.  Took a couple of years, but it was worth it because
my horse is my pal and he deserves to be the best he can be.

K.