Re: RC: The Russian horse's pulse rate and recovery numbers

In a message dated 10/19/00 8:20:28 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
truman.prevatt@netsrq.com writes:

> On the other hand with humans you would probably have a
> dead man ( or woman).

yeah - no kidding! Sal has had a cardiac US done several times due to his
bout with endocarditis so his heart work level and rate have been well
documented. Sometime the ride vets have to go get someone else to listen to
make SURE they are hearing what they are hearing.  I was the positive side to
almost losing Sal that we found that he does indeed have one incredibly tough
heart muscle - low HR and very good output. His CO was noted as rather
dramatic especially given his condition at the time.
san