Re: educating newbie

I wish I had that opportunity on my first ride!  I think it's a marvelous idea!  How about making them "teams" and having a little fun with that as well?
Maggie

----- Original Message -----
From: Sandy Bolinger
To: ride
Sent: Wednesday, October 18, 2000 9:07 AM
Subject: RC: educating newbie

I came up with what, I think, might be an interesting idea for newbies on their first endurance ride...For my ride next year I'm going to try to have two or three experienced endurance riders to sponser four or five newbies each on the twenty five.  The newbies that sign up will be introduced to their "sponser" at the ride meeting...and will ride with that person the next day. During the course of the day the sponser will be with them to answer all questions, give advice, help them through the vet checks etc.Does this sound like something you newbies might be interested in??????????