Re: RC: Re: LD milage

At 09:59 PM 10/17/00, Linda C wrote:
>I learned how to be efficient when I ride them by letting them do what I
>did when I was trying to grow into an ultra runner. We usually walk up all
>hills - briskly - and jog down, doing a fast trot or easy canter on the
>sorta flat stuff.

I recall over 10 years ago that when Cliff Lewis suggested that it was
stupid (efficiency wise) to trot up hills and walk down that everyone got
real hot and hostile about it.  My, how times have changed.

Sorry, I'm in a feisty mood. Lif

Lif Strand
Quemado NM  USA
             Lif & Paul Strand  STRAND ENTERPRISES www.fasterhorses.com
           Web Page Design * Computer Graphics * Internet Research * Fine Art
                 Blue-Green Algae & other complementary health options
HERITAGE ENDURANCE RACE June 9, 2001 - http://www.fasterhorses.com/race.html