Re: RC: arabian bloodlines

Hi Beth
Little correction but Padron was only half Russian; his sire was Patron
a magnificent straight Russian race record setter (who happens to be
Halynov's grandsire)-- a real mover. Padron did not have the reach of
his sire, so far as I can ascertain, and was shown only in Halter and
Western
Pleasure, only to satisfy the performance requirement of halter
championships. Hardly a true representative of the Russian breeding
program, although a VERY beautiful horse. For the most part, all the
Russians who were early imports to the US were shown in Halter, due to
their beauty, despite the fact that they were race winners in Russia
(had to be in order to be stood at stud-- a not-so-bad requirement----
imagine, all stallions had to be proven in performance first--- would
really turn around the US breeding program if we ever initiated such a
requirement!)
For more on the Russian bloodlines you can go to my Russian Bloodlines
and Arabian Sporthorse Mares page. The history of the Russian foundation
horses is truly fascinating (the best of the best of the Polish,
Crabbet, French and Egyptian breeding programs) and the things the
Russian horses
endured to make it to the Russian stud made them TRUE ENDURANCE
horses--- as in 1000 mi trip!!! Only
the best made it and then another 1000 mi trip close behind that one in
order to flee to safety from the Nazis.
Talk about stamina!!
You can read about it at
http://www.arabiansporthorse.com/aboutourmares.html