Re: RC: LD Miles

From: Sue Grahl <sgrahl@flash.net>
>When I was Chairperson of the AERC LD Committee I proposed to the Board
>that rider and horse lifetime career LD mileage be combined with other
>distances completed. The Board rejected the proposal.
SNIP
If you really want it changed you are
>going to need to let the AERC Board of Directors know that you want it
>changed and make it LOUD and CLEAR.
>Sue Grahl

Perhaps the Board received enough "quieter" feedback indicated the majority
felt otherwise.
True, you work just as hard for 25 miles, as the first 25 of longer than
distances. But then you keep going, and going and going. Not only does it
require more effort, you also run the risk of losing it all. Riding 95 miles
& ending up with zero.
Now someone has suggested that 4 year old mileage shouldn't count for any
thing if the mileage is combined. That's just more paper work & confusion.

I think AERC has made great strides with the LD program, and is trying hard
to make it something participants can be proud of. If I only rode LD I would
WANT to be kept seperate. It would be an honor to see how I ranked in that
division instead of being compared to people riding 100's. In fact, I don't
WANT my horses LD miles combined with  her 50's & 100's.

Some of the candidates for director at large have expressed their positions
on this issue, I'd sure like to hear from the rest.

Nancy Mitts