From: Kristine Hammond
To: ridecamp@endurance.net
Sent: Friday, October 13, 2000 12:25 PM
Subject: RC: cleaning the barn??

Allright ridecampers!!  I need some help.  Here in northern Nevada the weather is getting really cold really fast.  I just moved into a new stable with a barn that has housed many chickens and rabbits, no horses for at least 10 years.  I am digging the chicken and rabbit manure out, and hauling it out to the garden area. MY QUESTION IS: are there diseases that I should treat the ground for or spray the sides of the stalls with a disinfectant?  I have never had to do this before.  I am going to bring in a couple of truckloads of sand  for fresh dirt in the stalls.  Any suggestions would be welcome.
Thanks-Kriss