Feeding Fats Before Riding

Kathy Adams KAdams@orgtek.com
I have heard that it is not good to feed fat before a competition. What is the reason behind this? Also what about when doing a training ride of a decent pace and distance? Can I feed fat then? The supplement that I use is Purina's Athlete which contains protein (14%)and fat (17%?). My normal grain is Southern States Legends 10% pelleted and sweet mixed together. Is pelleted feed considered grain like sweet feed? Please e-mail me privately at kadams@orgtek.com Thanks for the help