From: Laney Humphrey [mailto:laneyh@mbay.net]
Sent: Wednesday, October 11, 2000 7:34 AM
To: Kathy Mayeda
Cc: ridecamp@endurance.net
Subject: Sacto sale

Hi All,
    To me, the most important point about the Sacramento sale was that it
happened at all.  I commend the organizers and hope they will continue
it.  And I hope that more breeders will consign their well bred, well
built horses.  Sure, endurance is small compared to halter or hunter but
endurance is one of the fastest growing horse sports if I'm not
mistaken.  Hopefully, prices for good endurance horses will not go to the
astronomical figures paid for horses in other disciplines but breeders do
need to be rewarded for their efforts and encouraged to present their
good horses to the endurance market.  Our sport will only be taken
seriously by the rest of the horse world when we stop pretending that
horses well suited for endurance should be cheaper than horses suited for
the show ring.
    Thanks for letting me say my 2 cents worth.
Laney