Re: ridecamp-d Digest V00 #1602

In a message dated 10/10/2000 10:59:38 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
ridecamp-d-request@endurance.net writes:

<< As a ride manager, I am terrified of the idea that a 3 year old would
 enter my ride.  (Not just a "me, too", but a valid concern.)  What
 would you do, as a RM?  What do you do now, RMs? >>

This to me is the big issue in this whole debate.  Many years ago SERA our
regional organization, decided that from a liability standpoint, a child must
be 8 years old to participate in our sanctioned rides.  This was when CiCi
Butler was just starting to ride, which will tell you how long ago it was.

We also required children to wear a helmet and the "2 vet" rule long before
AERC did.  It is easier to get change in a smaller group.  (And maybe a
smarter one)

Susan K