Re: RC: RE: worlds youngest rider

In a message dated 10/10/2000 11:29:55 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
RQuestarabians@AOL.com writes:

<< God bless little Cliffy for his talents, and having such wonderful
supportive
 parents that are there for him every step of the way. To have loving
 "supportive" parents to enrich one's life is every kid's dream. It will last
 with them for the rest of their lives.  >>

I forgot in my previous post to emphasize that I very much envy little Cliffy
for his ability to do the ride at such a young age. I envy that he has horsey
supportive parents. But I still question the safety of this child especially
if it was necessary for him to be ponied. What if let's say the old veteran
horse spooks and temporarily gets loose from the father's grasp? Is Cliffy
able to physically and mentally control the horse in this situation. Is
Cliffy able to independently control the horse under ANY situation? What
about the potential hazard to other riders on the trail? For the safety of
Junior riders and others on the trail the issue of the rider having to be
ponied in order to "complete" the ride needs to be seriously looked at.
Robyn