RE: worlds youngest rider

Pat et al,

As a ride manager, I am terrified of the idea that a 3 year old would
enter my ride.  (Not just a "me, too", but a valid concern.)  What
would you do, as a RM?  What do you do now, RMs?

I personally don't believe that most 3 year olds are capable of
handling spooks, trips, sudden stops, or the actions of an
out-of-control horse/rider, despite the quality of the veteran horse.

I think it's wonderful that Cliffy is getting to ride, and only
question it from a safety perspective--if he had an accident would
they be proud that he "died with his boots on?"  No, of course not.

Secondarily, I'm concerned with the image it presents to
non-endurance people, including visitors to our horse town's urban
ride like the  mayor, and the volunteers which included city
councilmen and lots of moms.

Lastly, I don't want a ponied rider considered for completion--it's
just not right.

Lynne
one of the many who had non-horsey parents
Norco Riverdance Ride