Re: RC: Toddlers

In a message dated 10/10/00 2:05:56 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
fasterhorses@gilanet.com writes:

<< Here it is, 1984, Brave New World, where Big Brother is going to protect
us
 all from having a life.

understanding ALL THIS - and honestly, I DO agree - where is the line between
personal stupidity and stupidity that affects others fall? I can make some
really stupid choices that could or could not get me hurt or killed. That
doesn't mean I have the right to make those choices for someone else,
especially a child, no matter HOW much that person whines about LOVING it and
WANTING to do it. I wouldn't DREAM of putting a 3 year old into a competition
on a horse. Horses do weird things - they aren't predictable - duh - we ALL
KNOW THIS. They stumble, they spook, they LOVE that we care for them, they
depend on us for many things, but when the chips are down and they flip out,
they don't stop to think of little Johnny up there with little balance and no
prediction skills or quality reaction time. "nuf said.