Re: Re: [CTR] Action Alert On Peta

----- Original Message -----
From: "lkgower" <jazena@kelp.net>

member
> of PETA for a few years in the 80's and became a vegetarian partly because
> of them.

But have you carried that to its logical conclusion - no animal products: no
leather tack, no glucosamine supplements, no glycerine in cosmetics or
medicines, no animal derived medicines, no animal derived cat food? Now
regardless of your anwer, I have no problem with what you do, but I do have
a problem with PETA's goal of imposing their beliefs on me.

> I can say truthfully the the magazine and ethics of PETA at that time were
> for the rights of ALL animals and that they were the first group to really
> raise "animal rights awareness" worldwide.  I have always been a horse and
> dog/cat lover.  But PETA made me realize that all animals, from the
smallest
> to the largest have the same rights: to be treated ETHICALLY (PETA=People
> for the Ethical Treatment of Animals).

Can't argue with that, and once animals have rights, the logic leads (and
PETA clearly supports this) that animals should not be owned, and sure as
hell not used - for riding or anything else.

[snip]

Duncan Fletcher
dfletche@gte.net