Re: RC: Re: Re: RE: worlds youngest rider

----- Original Message -----
From: <SandyDSA@aol.com>

> I guess it is just me, but a 3 year old is hardly a junior rider, rather,
in
> THIS house is more like a baby yet. From a motor development standpoint, a
3
> year old has neither the reaction time nor the physical strength to
protect
> him/herself in the event that the most well mannered horse or pony should
> stumble or spook.

 Yep, and this will be my last word on this subject........last night I was
remembering my
friend and I took the girls in a parade when they were 4 and 3.  They had
cute little outfits, and we led the ponies on a lead line.  My daughter had
been riding the pony (led) for 6 months, bu t my friend with the 3 year old
had horses, so the little girl had been put on horses since age 1 or so.

After the parade, we were standing talking, and the pony decided to shake.
The 3 year old was shaken right off-fell hard onto the ground.  No way she
had the strength or coordination to stay.
on.......it was an eye opener for us.

Karen