Re: RC: Re: Re: RE: worlds youngest rider

I agree that having an early start is really quite a treat for most kids, but
3 years old hardly constitutes even a child and obviously has little choice.
In any case, there is also a HUGE, profound difference between an early start
on a horse, daily, weekly, whatever, and riding even 25 miles in the middle
of pretty much nowhere. I don't' consider this extrapolation of an early
start wise. My gut feeling is that this was some kind of ego thing for the
folks - maybe not - but that is how it hit me. Our kids were on horses quite
early as well, but it would never occur to me to put them in competition of
any kind at an age where I wouldn't even TAKE a young riding student - I
don't take under 8 year olds.
san(who LOVES the looks of her daughters the way they are)