"teams"

Hi folks....something I have been chewing on for awhile and thought maybe someone would elaborate more for me.  After the WEC we talked a lot about "team" riding and some regions have year end awards for teams.  This concept intrigues me and I would like to know how I might implement something like that at the local level.  How does one calculate "points"?  I bet I could convince some ride managers to include a "team" type of award in their ride if I agreed to sponsor the award. But I need to have something concrete to propose that could lead to a year end award eventually.  There are a lot of riders out there who ride together anyway just for completion...how fun it would be to do so as a "team".  Might be another way to encourage sponsors and juniors...they could team up with other sponsors and juniors.  I don't know...just some thoughts and ideas that have been swirling around in my head trying to find some place to land.  Can anyone offer me ideas, have a list of rules or scoring systems or something they can share with me?  I appreciate it.
Maggie