Re: RC: Re: Re: RE: worlds youngest rider

In a message dated 10/9/00 10:31:58 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
navion@lightspeed.net writes:

<< but the confidence and pride from doing that together as
 a family was obvious. >>

Something to definitely be proud of.  I can't imagine doing anything with my
family that I would love more.  (unfortunately, THEY like things with motors
:( )  Congratulations to you Jim and to your family.

I do have a question though.  How old are your kids?  I'm not putting down
the Lewis's, but I do have serious qualms about putting a 3 year old out
there on an endurance ride.  I know, he did an LD, but what's next?  And even
a 25 seems a tish long for a 3 year old child.  Its one thing to take a horse
crazy 10 to 16 year old kid (or that age range) and ride like heck, its
another thing to take a 3 year old.  I'm sorry, but the idea just appalls me.
(just my honest opinion).

Sylvia