Re: Re: Re: RE: worlds youngest rider

----- Original Message ----- >
> Something to definitely be proud of.  I can't imagine doing anything with
my
> family that I would love more.  (unfortunately, THEY like things with
motors
> :( )  Congratulations to you Jim and to your family.
>
> I do have a question though.  How old are your kids?  I'm not putting down
> the Lewis's, but I do have serious qualms about putting a 3 year old

for another perspective... I know many kids couldn't/wouldn't ride that far,
some some can/do.

I took my 8yr old on an LD when he was three, on my old campaigner.  He rode
about ten miles and that was enough. He wasn't tired or worn out, just bored
and wanted to go back to camp to play.

at 8, about 10-15 miles or 3-4 hours is still his limit, he is a good rider,
but not a speed junkie, and gets bored walk/jogging for too long.

It wasn't then, or now, a physical issue, but a mental one,...  he likes
horses and riding, but he may never be an Endurance Rider.

Becky Huffman
Huffman's Arabians ~ The Original Series ~
http://www.htcomp.net/Huffman/
Oriah Mountain Dreamer is a Native American elder who writes,
    "It doesn't interest me what you do for a living. I want to know what
you ache for, and if you dare to dream of meeting your heart's longing. I
want to know if you can sit with pain, mine or your own, without moving to
hide it or fade it or fix it. I want to know if you can be alone with
yourself, and if you truly like the company you keep in the empty moments.