Toddler riding

My grandson is 3 years old and has been around and on horses since he was 6
months old.  At three years old, unless he was "strapped" into the saddle (a
small one) he doesn't have the lower body strength (muscle development) to stay
on the horse for the amount of time needed to complete a 10 mile ride much less
25,50 OR 100. Even if he did he could never convince me he could do one of these
until he's 10 years old.  He is not small or diminutive but is right in the 90
percentile on everything.  Endurance is a good thing for young people and I
encourage my grandson to become involved with it but I believe there should be
minimum age requirement for people as
there are for horses.  Three to five years in my opinion is too young for 5 or
more in the saddle even if someone is with them the whole time.  Enough said I'm
back to lurking.
begin:vcard
n:Pollock;Don & Linda
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
version:2.1
email;internet:donp@dcr.net
note:JR- BUT DADDY,  that's log with BIG musrooms on it, it'll eat me.
adr;quoted-printable:;;Oak Hill Farm=0D=0A1400 Birdie Road;Lawrenceburg;Kentucky;40342;
fn:Don & Linda Pollock & JR n Bay Star
end:vcard