Re: RC: RE: worlds youngest rider

At 08:47 PM 10/9/00, Sylvia wrote:
>I'm having a hard time picturing a 3 year old having the wherewithall to
>understand exactly what they're getting themselves into.

I doubt the Lewis' just plopped this kid on a horse for the first time for
that ride.  No doubt little Cliffy has spent more hours in the saddle than
some adults who show up for LDs.  I know some 3 year olds that would eat
and sleep on a horse and never get off, no matter how long of a ride it was.

>I still can't imagine a 3 year old out there with all those wacky horses!

Remember, Cliffy was riding an old trooper horse.

>Also, I'm wondering what would happen if a 3 year old is riding a horse
>who is run into from behind and literally shoved off the trail (which has
>happened to me), or riding a horse who has to zig when you thought he was
>gonna zag (been there done that).

I betcha Cliff (grandpa) and Tom (dad) were flanking Cliffy.  Doubt any
other horse was going to get near, and the old trooper horse wouldn't have
a chance to zig or zag! Lif

             Lif & Paul Strand  STRAND ENTERPRISES www.fasterhorses.com
           Web Page Design * Computer Graphics * Internet Research * Fine Art
                 Blue-Green Algae & other complementary health options
HERITAGE ENDURANCE RACE June 9, 2001 - http://www.fasterhorses.com/race.html