worlds youngest rider

Warning I'm in a real pissy mood after a weekend of taking care of dying
kids in the hospital.  Three year old child on an endurance ride? Sounds
like child abuse to me. Sounds like parents living vicariously through their
children. I took care of a 16 year old girl a few years back, who had a
tumor in her heart. Her family bred Arabians and were very big on the show
circuit. I thought, "now theres a topic we can converse about!" The girl
says to me, "My mother made me go to lessons all my life, and paraded me
around on her sale horses. I've spent half my life at horse shows. If I
never see another horse in my life, I'll be so glad!' Then she died, so she
got her wish. I am very cautious not to ram horses down my childrens
throats. thats all I have to say. Beth