Cliff, Tom and Cliffy Lewis

Hello,  This is my first posting to Ridecamp, although I have been lurking
for over a year. I finally had something to tell worthy of all of your time.
On this last Satuday October 7th, Cliff's and my grandson Cliffy Lewis
completed his first endurance ride. It was a 25 mile LD ride, the Comstock 25
in Reno, Nevada.  That in and of itself is only noteworthy to people who know
those involved. However Cliffy is 3 years old.  He was born May 3, 1997. On
his ride he rode his father Tom's old horse Spiderman and was sponsored by
his dad.
 Spider himself is remarkable in that he is 28 years old, the same age as Tom
Lewis.  Tom has owned Spider since they were 4 years old.  Tom has ridden
Spiderman on the Virginia City 100 for 5 completions and the Bonanza Oxtrail
102 for 5 completions, most of which were first Juniors.  Tom and Spiderman
also held the record for the fastest time on the Capitol to Capitol 200 mile
4 day ride, (Carson City, NV to Sacramento, CA) in  24 hours and 15 minutes.
They have also done countless other rides.
 Tom Lewis also completed the Virginia City 100 mile ride in 1977 when HE was
only 5 years old.
 It seems Cliffy has some pretty big shoes to fill, but thanks to his father
and grandfather he is off to a solid, fast and early start.
 On this years' Comstock ride all three generations of Lewis men were
competitors, Cliff finished 7th overall and first heavyweight riding his mare
Dwayne. And yes I think they are just great!
 Kathy Lewis

---- Begin included message ----
Hello,  This is my first posting ever to Ridecamp, although I have been
---- End included message ----