Re: Arab growth rate

Amanda:

My family has been breeding Arabians for 29 years. We started in show
breeding to  *Bataann. We bought our first real breeding mare in California
with the help of Ruthie at the time Duncan and now Carter. She knew a great
mare when she saw one. Here,  for Ruthie Yancy Carter is not the only one in
the Family who can pick a horse (Race horse trainer for H.H. Sheikh Tahnoon
Bin Zayed, of Abu Dhabi). And former wife of Deryle Duncan, head trainer and
farm manager of H.H. Sheikh Mohammed Bin Khalifia Al Thani, of Qatar.

We bred this mare Dunasamba (Dunejec X Fitz Janny, Dam of Samtyr), to
Bataann. Our first few where great looking and 15 or better. So we bred our
next mare EW Santina (another Sanellina daughter) to him. In return we got
12 time halter champion stallion RW Actionn. After this we bred our next
mare, NF Falara to *Bataann. This little filly never reached 14 hands, RW
Thumbelina. But she belongs to the son of H.E. Sheikh Mohammed Bin Khalifa
Al Thani. He purchased this exquisite filly for his first born son. So this
stallion went form 14 to 15.2 hands, with the same blood lines.

Then on to racing, *Wiking. Oh what a great sire. He is only 14.3 hands, but
what a heart...... He and Dunasamba produced some exceptional foals. The
sire of many of my in training endurance get. My 7 year olds is out of a MS
Santana mare, and he is 15.1 hands. My mare Dunasamba her last five *Wiking:
5 year old, Rw Country Girl  15 hands on her tip toes, great endurance mare,
heart rate recovery is incredible. She did her first 50 mile in April just 4
months off the track and did great.  Her 4 year old 15.2 at 2 and now 15.3,
RW Country Lady. Massive mare, took a bad blow to her front Acicular bone
and is now shot except for the breeding shed. Yes I cried for days. The
three year old is By the French Stallion Djendel. She was 15 at 2, and now
she is 15.2 at three, RW Country Doll;  yes I love her. The 2 year old
stallion by Wiking, Rw Country Gent, 15.1 hands at 2 and pure testosterone.
He has 8 inch cannon bones. Wa Wa WA. The yearling RW Country Angle by
Wiking, now a yearling. Bid boned and great stride. He broke my finger in
December during a tantrum, yes besides the broken finger I won. I would
trade everyone I owned for this one......

This is just a fraction of the horses I own and I can not tell you who will
be or not. Each horse will grow to his own potential in due time. It is just
a wait and see. I have sold horses to Brazil, Qatar, France and the U.A.E..
Trust me when I tell you that a great horse is in the eye of the beholder.
If you can see through the dirt and growth sprits, in 5 years you will have
something great. And at the end of the day you can say you bred and owned
him since day one.......... Don't look for a formula, it does not exist.

Best of luck,

Laurie Whaley Pearson
Lin-Laur Farms
Lutz, Florida