RE: Broken Tailbone

Karen Standefer hrschk@yahoo.com
I, too, broke my tailbone..........5 years ago.  I wasn't riding at the time, so I can't answer the question of how long it takes for the pain to go away.  However, it took YEARS to heal.  What I learned in the process is to go to the DR and get Physical Therapy.  I developed Functional Scoliosis as a result of not rehabbing.  It's taken a very long time and lots of work to get things straightened out.  But, man, what a difference in my riding.  I was so off balance and one sided before that I had no idea how to correct it (HUGE hole in my left sheepskin where my calf sits where the right one had normal wear).  The only thing that corrected my riding was getting my pelvis and spine straightened out from the damage done 5 years ago.  My tail bone was pointing at a really severe angle to the left and everything else above it was following suite.

I'm sure my horse is MUCH happier now without me hugging for dear life with my left leg.  Wow, what a difference!!

Karen