How old is too old?

  I have come across a 16 YO 15.2 hh arab gelding for sale for
a reasonable price (teenaged owner forced to sell because
paents can't afford the baord).  This horse has not been used
for endurence and has not been riden alot recently.

Is 16 too old for a horse to be considered an endurence
prospect, assuming the horse is sound and has an OK
conformation? I am not lookig for an elite level horse, just
something I could get into endurence with and hope to finish.

Thanks.

Get your own "800" number - Free
Free voicemail, fax, email, and a lot more
http://www.ureach.com/reg/tag