training ride Tevis

Hi Leah and RC;  Does anybody know about how it is at the Hwy 49 road
crossing when you aren't doing it with crossing guards etc?  we were over
there, hiking actually, and it looked a little hairy, there was a lot of
traffic. Any suggestions?  I was also told to be sure and let someone know
that you are on the trail in case you get lost or injured. B.