RE: Being the "alpha horse"

Thanks for the post, Kat.  The more I work with horses
the more I think there is no "universal" rule for training
horses.  I had the opportunity to massage a horse that was
behaved very much as you described.  And his owner was very
up front about this horses behaviour.  The owner had to
learn to deal with this horses idiosyncracies on a "partnership"
level and it works for them.  I realized that there is no
way I could be alpha to this horse, which probably means
that I don't have the temperament to own a horse like that!

K.