More comments on the Impression pad

In a recent email, it was stated that when the Impression pad shows pressure
you can shim to remove the pressure point.
If the pressure is at the back of the saddle due to imbalance, then yes
shimming will work. But, what if the pressure is at the front due to a too
narrow tree. Shimming will only make this narrow tree narrower.
What I am trying to say is it takes a good deal of saddle fit knowledge to
know what to do to fix a fit and not make it worse. As someone who has
traveled down the saddle fit abyss, you could try 50 saddles and not have
one fit off the rack. And, more importantly, you could find one that fits in
January that does not fit in July.
Probably due to the size of this country, we don't have a stable of saddle
fitters like other countries have. These fitters are often not connected to
saddle makers and their only job is to fit saddles. We should be encouraging
more knowledge about saddle fitting in this country than we do.
Dolores Arste
eCommerce Technology, Technology Integration
Phone - 518.882.6485
Fax - 518.882.6485
eFax- 208-379-1088
Cell phone - 518.461.3470