Re: RC: V/C Pet Peeve

>I have a pet peeve about this too, only in reverse.  I bring a horse >in
and >he's down and they can't get his pulse.  Horses are coming in behind
>me and >getting their 'in' times but not my horse, because they can't
find >it.  He's at 40,

In the southeast the timer records your time the second you enter the
gate of the P&R area.  Then, when the pulse taker takes your pulse if
you're down, they call out and ask what time you entered.  If you're down
your official time is WHEN YOU ENTERED the P&R area.  If you're not down,
they call out for them to mark out that time and they have to go out the
back gate and come back around.  So...if you're standing there and they
can't find your pulse, your horse is simply having more time to come
down.  The good thing about this is that nobody is in a huge hurry for
the pulse taker to come to them first, and if you and another horse are
running right together and you enter together, you'll get the same time
so long as you're both down.  Doesn't depend on who gets pulsed first.
Usually there are enough pulse takers to get you the second you come in,
but if there's ever a shortage this helps.  Also, having to leave the P&R
area out the back, and walk all the way back around before presenting
discourages presenting too soon.

Angie

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.