Re: RC: Re: A Stallion Named Irene

In a message dated 01/25/2000 4:23:28 PM Pacific Standard Time,
provincmk@fanninelectric.com writes:

<< Oh, wow, tell me more about Lawlifa----I'll bet she had Lawseyn in her
 lines - yes??   My now deceased senior stallion, Lawmoss (100% Kellogg) was
 a Lawseyn son---I like to hear about "family" whenever I can.

Ask Julie Suhr (marinera @aol.com) about Lawlifa.  She owned the mare for
some years.  I believe the old mare is gone now, but yes, I think she was by
Lawseyn out of the Hyannis foundation mare Razifa.  She was the dam of
Julie's fabulous horse HCC Gazal (by Hal Gazal), who won 3 Haggins Cups on
Tevis.
We had a nice Hyannis gelding who was out of a mare sired by Lawseyn.  We are
not greatly competitve riders so the gelding has no earth-shattering record,
but he is a nice horse.  He is now a pleasure horse belonging to a friend of
ours and is 23 years old.

Barbara