Re: RC: SERA/vet lines discussion

Starting times too close together causes lines since 25's and 50' end up
at the check in a bunch. But if you start the 25's an hour later that is
also a problem since you have about the first 1/3 or so of the 50's coming
in off the first loop (assuming 12 to 17 mile first loop) when the 25's
are going out.

In the past I have hired half day vets to that take care of the peak load
at the first vet check and get the 25's through completion exam which
minimized the line. That seems to work well.

Most rides in the SE (now I said MOST not all) don't have much of a line -
even at the first check.   Vet check lines are something RM's should
consider when designing the trail and hiring the vets.

Truman

--
Truman Prevatt
Brooksville, FL

Mystic "The Horse from Hell" Storm
Buck's Mystic Karma
Rocket a.k.a. Mr. Misty
Jordy a.k.a. Bridger (when he is good)
Danson Flame - Hot Dog I'm healed and ready to go.

http://www.mrsl.com