Re: Where to live

<< Hi,  I have always been interested in Montana...maybe someday I'll live
 there, who knows
 has anyone ever been there, is it way too cold in the winter?   >>

I've lived here all my life and I still think it's too cold sometimes.  It
kind of depends on which part of the state you live in, but along with the
cold winter temperatures some areas have wind chill factors on a daily basis
as well.  Winter temperatures generally range between mid 30's during the
days to low teens, single digits at night and we have several periods where
it will dip below zero(-20 to -40) even during the daytime for several days.
We also have our January thaw where it warms up enough during the day time to
melt the snow down and then refreeze at about sunset, which makes pastures,
driveways and some roads a sheet of ice last stays until spring (you can't
ride AT ALL when it's like that).  Most of us here tend to run on the lunatic
fringe until about mid-March then we can start riding again... and gradually
regain our sanity.

Anne & the horses in Montana
Dyskrete, Stuffy and Hadia