Re:Ski Joering

>I have been thinking about doing this for quite some time.  My idea was to
>have the "frame" be U shaped, and have the lines run through terrets (eye
>bolts) that are fastened to the frame.   So, the lines would be one
>continuous loop and you would hang on with your hands and use your fingers
>to control the lines (because of the terrets, you wouldn't have to hold the
>lines up and I think it would be easier to keep proper contact.

I am going to use my Driving Harness with Riding Breastplate. I can use the
terrets on the backpad and I also have a backstrap (Picnic Strap) with
terrets.

My contacts here in the NE have the reins attached to levers. You just have
to lift up on one or the other to turn (see sketches attached) They use
light
climbing rope for reins.

>My thing, is that even after 20yrs of XC skiing, I still fall down on
>hills.  I think I would want to use short, fat, slow skis for ski joering.

With ski joering you can stay on the flat. We use downhill skis and boots
so you have much more control.  You can get a "used" set CHEAP!

John and Meshack

http://www.bypass.com/~ayers (Vermont Equestrian Activities)
Secretary/Treasurer Vermont Arabian Horse Association

rhd (2).GIF

sj (2).GIF